The Constellation Framework API documentation includes information on the Constellation component, node layout behavior classes, node and edge renderer classes, and the graph data structure.
If you ever find problems with the documentation please let us know so we can quickly correct it.
- Setting up Constellation Framework in Flex
- Learn how to create your first graph visualization! This tutorial goes over the basics of getting Constellation into your app.
- Using the graph data structure
- An overview of the methods and classes for manipulating graph data. Learn how to add and remove nodes and edges and perform more complex operations.
- Implementing a custom node renderer
- A first look at creating your own node renderers. This gives you complete control over the appearance of the nodes in your visualization.
- Creating a custom edge renderer
- How to create your own edge renderer. Find out how to customize the appearance of the edges in your graph visualization.
- Using behaviors for node layouts
- Framework's node layout algorithm combines multiple behavior modules to produce the desired effect. Learn about what some of the commonly-used behaviors actually do.
- Parsing Graph Data
- Find out how you can interpret data from external files and use it to populate a graph with nodes and edges.
- Implementing Custom Graph Parsers
- Creating a custom graph parser is easy! The
IGraphParser only requires one method. Look at an example in this tutorial.